- How does patient participation work in practice?
- What does it look like when it happens?
- How can it be researched and how can it be taught?
With patient participation as the central theme, this book:
- Draws on patient, professional and academic perspectives
- Makes substantive contributions to policy, practice and professional development
- Contributes to the development of the field by offering new material and insights
Patient Participation in Health Care Consultations takes a multidisciplinary approach and is key reading for students and academics in health and social sciences and for practising health care professionals. It will also be of interest to patients, carers and policy makers.
Contributors: Sarah Collins, Nicky Britten, Carol Bugge, John Chatwin, Rowena Field, Joseph Gafaranga, Aled Jones, Pirjo Lindfors, Anssi Perakyla, Johanna Ruusuvuori, Fiona Stevenson, Andrew Thompson, Ian Watt.